Saturday, April 11, 2015

Went back to another craft....

Where have I been?  I've been so busy...life has been nuts lately.  But now Easter is over and it's starting to get back to normal.  After this week all the activity will slow down and really be back to normal...and I have to tell you - I CAN'T WAIT!  LOL!!  I guess I do like a quiet, boring life. 

One thing I have found is a renewed love for an old forgotten craft.  Years ago I used to cross stitch.  I was never very good at it but did enjoy it.  A few weeks ago our "Strings and Things" group at church had a cross stitch class.  My friend was teaching so I went and realized I missed doing cross stitch.  She had these little beginner kits to teach the ladies....of course I had to do a kitty since I'm such a cat person.  I'm sending this little kitty to an elderly woman I write every week.  She's so sweet and I think she'll like it.

I finished it off with a purple bow tied at the top.  I'll mail it next weekend.  Today I went to Hobby Lobby and bought my next project and am excited to get started.

I also made a few cards today...but those I'll share in the coming days..... In the meantime - a little something to encourage you:


God bless you today and thank you so much for stopping by today!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It's wonderful to "fall back to an old craft." I seem to be falling back in love with stamping again so hoping to get my mojo going soon. Your little cross stitch project came out adorable!

Wanda said...

I have never really been good with needles... hehe. I managed to embroidery one wall decor piece and have never picked it back up since. I barely have time for stamping these days so I will definitely stick to one hobby. Can't wait to see your cards and I am sure your friend will LOVE the kitty. Its turning out super cute!

Donna Hanley said...

ll I'm like my quiet, boring life. Your little kitty cross stitch is just adorable and you will thrill the little lady you send it to. Enjoy your Sunday.

Marilyn Mathis said...

You are tempting me to go back to cross stitching. I love the boring life where you can do what you want when you want to. Enjoyed your post.

Jennipher said...

Zella, I love that you are falling back into an old craft! I also was a cross-stitcher and do miss it. You did a great job with this kitten and I know the lady who receives it will just fall in love with it.

Kathryn said...

love the kitty! I used to love cross stitching too! :)

Lynn McAuley said...

What a precious cross-stitched kitty, Zella! I know it will be loved in its new home! My eyesight is no longer good enough for cross-stitching.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I used to cross stitch alot- love this fab project. How I love the scripture you posted as well!