Tuesday, April 9, 2013

TWIST OF FAITH - SHAPED CARDS

This week at Twist of Faith Card Challenges the theme is Shaped Cards!  We have a great sponsor this week: 


The random winner this week will win 5 digi's of your choice!  WOW!  Now how can pass up a chance at that??

Confession time:  I must say up front - this one was a huge struggle for me.  Every card I make is A2.  If I make a square card I think I'm really going outside my box!  And for this challenge we had to pick a shape that wasn't a square or rectangle.  WOW - what is a boxy girl to do?  LOL!! 

Now the first card I made I LOVED!  I chose the image "Flower Girl" and made such a cute card.  And then I went back and looked at what the challenge was....shaped...and guess what shape my card was - YEP - an A2 rectangle!  UGH!!  So back to the drawing board. 

I had a circle card from a kit I had bought a while back.  So how hard could this be - I loved the image and had the circle card already cut out for me...so this could be a cinch....right?  WRONG!  I finished the card and wasn't happy - something was missing.  But then the more I added, the worse it seemed to get.  I left my craft room in frustration and let it sit for a day or two....and tried again.  After a bit more frustration, I gave up and went back to the circle card I started with.  While I'm not happy with it at all, at least it was done.  Ever have one of those days?  LOL!!!  Now that I've looked at it a few days, I don't think it's quite as bad as I thought...but alas, it is at the bottom of my favorite list.  But the really neat thing is that it did force me out of my box and who knows - maybe shaped cards won't be such a struggle now.

 
Now it's your turn!  Give me some inspiration and make a shaped card for the Twist of Faith Card Challenges.  Don't forget that you need to include a scripture, positive/uplifting verse/quote on your card.  Good luck and I can't wait to see what you create!!!

6 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Precious image for this wonderful sentiment. Pretty DP with your embossed swirls! Adorable circle design!

Judy said...

What a precious card! Love the color blue..it's always been my favorite to work with. The pattern on the paper is just perfect for the image, and you've colored her beautifully. Well done sweetie!

xo

Jenée said...

Sweet, sweet card. I so like the DP you've used, and your little image is adorable. Embossing the circle was a perfect touch; it adds dimension and interest.

Need to know about that sentiment -- is it a stamp or did you do it on your computer? If you did it, what font did you use? It is lovely!

Laura said...

You've colored up that sweet image so beautifully and I too love the sentiment and would like to know if it's a stamp or computer font.

Unknown said...

Zella I think your card turned out great! Love the embossing and all the blue!

dawnmercedes said...

Yep....and we all need to remember it more often, don't we!