Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring flowers are here!

So there aren't any flowers blooming yet, but at least there are flowers all over the place on the challenge blogs and I decided to take the plunge and make a flower/spring card today.  There wasn't much time to play in the craft room today since we have family in from out of town this weekend, but I was able to sneak some time in there while no one was looking.  The image is from a Kit of the Month set from Unity.  I wanted the colors to be bright (since I'm longing for Spring and all the colors that come along with it in the flowers and birds and precious little Easter dresses).  So here's what I came up with:

 
I'm entering this into the following challenges:
'ABC' Challenges - Bring on the Flowers
Shopping Our Stash - Easter or Spring

10 comments:

Karen said...

So pretty Zella. I am glad to see that you managed to sneak away and create. Love your beautiful and bright Spring flowers. I sure hope that it comes soon for all of us.

Lynn McAuley said...

Awesome color combo, Zella!! I love this bright and cheerful design!! The sentiment says it all!!

Lela said...

I'm ready for Spring also! I love your card colors, very fun!

Tammy said...

Pretty card, love the sweet image!

Becky said...

Lovely card Zella, I love that image, such beautiful colors.

Patty Gorka said...

How cute! I like that hot air balloon flower image! Thanks for playing along with us this week at ABC Challenges!

MiamiKel said...

Beautiful - what a bright burst of color :)

Craft Paper said...

I like the pink and orange. Pretty flowers perfect for Spring.

dawnmercedes said...

Oooh, I love that image!

Alica said...

So fresh and flowery! Perfect spring card!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs,
Alica ;)